[SPAM] Re: RE: OS mixture question

Rodney Tanner rodney19821982 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 10:22:57 AKDT 2005

Hi Jim,

I run about 3 clicks rich from peak RPM, with a good smoke trail from tick-over up to WOT. Both engines have newish rear bearings (below 50 flights). At around 25-30 flights on the plugs they start to falter lean on inverted pull ups, going to WOT. Usually changing the rear plug (which runs hotter) will cure it, sometimes it needs both. I have tried OS8s and A5s on the back, but have found the OSFs to be better on both.
What do people see as an acceptable average plug life for the OS140? After my experience with a certain Italian motor, I thought 30 flights was PDG!! :-)
No offense Lance . . .!!!!
I seem remeber the OS140 manual says "treat glo plugs as expendible items and be prepared to change them when necessary", or words to that effect. In other words always keep a pair handy!!

Rodney

Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com wrote:

Hi Rodney,

Why are you changing plugs every 30 flights?  That get pretty expensive in the long run.  Is the engine running lean?  I've seen a few other using the 3M head and OSF plugs, and not having to change so often.

Cameron, how often are you changing plugs?

Thanks,
Jim W.

http://mail.yahoo.com