Fw: Contest

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 19:07:48 AKDT 2005

In a message dated 4/18/2005 9:54:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
scott at rcfoamy.com writes:
I have just looked at the D2 contest page and the weekends that you have
meets, there are also contest in D3.  I have no problem traveling 6-8 hrs
for a meet I did it when I was in D1.   I would have picked the Midland
contets but the big electric fly (SEFF) is that same weekend in Andesonville
Are you talking about AMA or NSRCA districts here? Its bad enough that NSRCA
district 2 is split by two AMA districts, but now you want to decide when we
have contest.
I feel sure that Bill Mitchell scheduled the contest based on activity in
NSRCA district 2 and that attendance would be primarily fliers from North and
South Carolina, much as has been the case for several years now. Many (probably
2/3) of the flyers who will be at the Winston contest haven't missed one there
for about six years running. Can YOU say that? I don't think so. Of course you
had to choose between pattern in Midland or electric's in Ga. Seems we all
have our own agendas. But you want us to plan around yours. I don't think so
there either!

North Carolina and Tennessee are not in the same AMA or NSRCA districts. I
don't have a rulebook handy, nor can I remember the exact mileage requirements
at this moment, but I don't think that Knoxville Tenn. and Mocksville, NC are
close enough to violate the rules.
I will discuss, if you wish, with my fellow CDs here in NC and SC that we
should confer with Scott Anderson in Tenn. before we schedule any more contest!
Nah! I don't think so!

Robert Gainey