Ions or Polymers for RX pack

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 9 11:27:46 AKDT 2005

Perter:
I've used the Li-Ions in a couple of 2M ships, with great results.  This season I am trying some LiPoly's, really only because I couldn't find what I wanted at the WRAMS show this year.  There's some difference in the internal resistance and peak current capacity, but for our application, I don't think it will be at all noticeable.  One key thing is to make sure you protect it from vibration and any possibility of chafing against anything (always a good idea anyway).  Mine are flat packs, which supposedly have a more fragile joint at the solder tab into the cell structure.  So, strain relief on the wire is something I will pay extra special attention to because of that.

Either way you go ought to be fine.

Ed