Looking for light servo extensions: ABBRA

David Flynt dflynt at verizon.net
Fri Apr 8 14:58:47 AKDT 2005

I have used 26ga wire for digital servo extensions for ailerons and back to
elevator servos that were mounted in the stab with no problem.  JR 9411 in
both cases.  I never experienced a glitch, and I did not twist the wires or
run them in any special conduit, however I did separate them from eachother
and from the antenna.

You will save about an ounce of weight between 22 and 26 gauge for four long
extensions.  I made these myself to the exact correct length.  Maxx Products
sells the wire, connectors, and crimp tool.

David

> Hello all,
>
> I need suggestions to make servo extensions as light as possible. This
> is for the new ABBRA with gasoline engine and we have the servos in
> the back to better balance the plane.  I think we can save some weight
> if we can get very light servo extensions.  We are using 4 digital
> servos JR 3241 in the tail.  One for each elevator and two pull-pull
> configuration for the rudder.  The plane right now is about 6 oz over
> 11 pounds and we are looking for places to reduce the weight.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vince

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.