Icepoint Finally Flies

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Fri Apr 8 13:05:00 AKDT 2005

I had the same "easy to fly" experience with my ICEPOINT last year. As recently as Wednesday this week, I watched George Asteris fly his ICEPOINT through the P-05 schedule. He flew it all day with ease. Even allowing for the highly tuned piloting skills of a experienced FAI pilot, you could see that the plane was doing the job.

George would do some post pattern flight slow and low rolls, knife-edges etc. and land at a crawl with a big smile on his face. I think that Bob has the same smile after his experiences.

Mine never needed any mixes for KE. The only tuning that I did was to adjust the stab until the elevator trim was set to neutral in flight. (The wing is fixed).

As well as posts on Bob's site and a thread on RCU, you can also read my review of the kit on RCU. This plane is a full size pattern starter ARF that is competitive and one that you can recommend.

Regards,

Eric.