Webra 145 pump pressure ?

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Wed Apr 6 19:53:14 AKDT 2005

 Paul,
           I have been thinking about your Webra problem. Your rpm seems too
low for that prop.  I was wondering which MAC pipe you are running? I have
found the 145 to be a bit fussy in the mid range if the pipe volume is not
big enough. It also needs a good taper at the front of the pipe to get a
good transition. Your pipe could be partially blocked?

The OS 1.40 pipe, and/or ES CF clone pipe, has proven to be a good pipe for
this motor.

 I believe that you are right about the pump but it is also related to tank
position. The pump does not deliver quite enough fuel in the mid range which
might be why it is getting hot on sustained 1/2 throttle. You can help your
pump perform by moving the tank forward a bit.  If the back of the tank is
on the CG it does not seem to mess much with the flight CG as it drains
fuel.

Quite a few folks have richened up the pump with good results. I would try
the above external changes first before you start messing with it.

A big "no!" to Castor content. Just fit the new BOCA stainless steel
bearing. I would also soak the liner, ring and piston parts in an
Acetone/Lacquer-thinner mix to remove any shellac build up.

Regards,

Eric.

    My Webra has a good top and bottom end. Only about a gallon and a half
through it so far.
  The top end is nice and smokey, idle is solid, but the mid range is very
little smoke.
  It is on a Prophecy running a 16.5 x 12 at 7300 rpm with the Macs pipe  at
27  inches.

  Most of my flight is at roughly 1/2 throttle. When I land the oil  residue
on the coupler and
 fuselage is medium brown - fuel is a mix of 20 % synthetic and 5 %
synthetic.  Main needle is open 1.5 turns.
  am wondering if I should increase the pump pressure to richen up  the
midrange.
 Or am I just being too fussy ?
 Thanks,
 Paul Horan