Stripped header holes, need advice

Jerry Budd jerry at buddengineering.com
Fri Apr 1 20:32:42 AKST 2005

>I have a Webra 1.45 that has had the threads stripped out of the
>screw holes that are used to mount the header. I need some advice on
>the best way to fix this.  Drill out and re-tap bigger? Heli-coil?
>Another solution?
>
>Not really sure what the best solution is. I'd appreciate
>suggestions if anyone knows what the best approach is.
>
>Thanks,
>Keith Black

Hi Keith,

I had this happen on one of my 145's a couple of years ago.  I
ordered a metric Heli-coil kit from McMaster-Carr and installed them
myself.  It was really very easy (I'd never installed a Heli-coil
before) and it is without question the best way to go if you strip
out the case.  Properly installed there is NO WAY that it will ever
strip out again.

Plus you get to buy another tool!  (Always a good thing!).

Jerry
--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jerry at buddengineering.com