Stripped header holes, need advice

Ken Velez kvelez at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 12:21:42 AKST 2005

Hi Keith, not trying to contradict Bob, just my thought. I would try drilling and taping it to 8/32 before using the heli-coil. The reason is the hole diameter. Make sure that there is enough material to use a heli-coil, and also keep in mind, once you drill for the heli-coil next will be replacement if anything goes wrong. with the drill and tap you still have one more go at it. I tap an OS to 8/32 no problem.

Ken