Sarcastic thoughts on engine brands-and general pattern stuff

Fletcher, Richard Richard.Fletcher at gs.com
Tue Sep 28 11:21:45 AKDT 2004

I have been flying competitively since 1984. I have observed that OS engines
are the most reliable. YS's on the other hand have been a crap shoot. I flew
YS .60s and 120s and had good and bad luck with them. Now I own an OS 1.60
and am very impressed with how powerful and reliable it is, typical OS
engineering. But having said all that, my first choice is my 3W 150. 350
flights, no dead sticks, no-brainer on fuel, fill the can at the nearest gas
station. Unreal HP, O-O-S vertical on a 40 lb. plane.

Rich