YS 160 DZ

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Tue Sep 28 06:14:39 AKDT 2004

Bruce:
You may have hit on something, with the QC issue.  The last Y.S. I
bought was about 4 years ago, (a 1.40L) and all of the Y.S. engines I
bought were Out-of-the-box deals; just open the main jet 1-1/2 turns,
start the engine, lean to ~ 1-1/4 turns out, and go fly.  (Any break-in
I did was in the air.  No bench time.)  So, it's possible, I guess, that
the QC issue could have recently raised it's ugly head.  Not having the
occasion to buy a new engine for some time, I really don't know how the
new stuff is coming out of the factory.  It'll be interesting to see how
the 1.60 behaves when it does finally hit the market.  As I recall, all
the Y.S. engines with the (possible) exception of the first one, (1.20
SF) required some revising by the factory  to obtain customer
satisfaction.  We'll see.
Bill Glaze