Webra bearing life report

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 18:51:43 AKDT 2004

You might be correct, but honestly that's just too much hassle. For one, I use a remote glow starter and in order to remove the glow plug each time I either have to remove the chin cowl each time and remove the glow gadget or not use the remote glow starter. I'm definitely not removing the chin cowl each time, on my plane it's a hassle. And I really like my remote glow starter, it's much safer and much easier.

I did use MUCH more after run oil for a while and it continually ruined the glow plugs and didn't seem to make any difference. However, maybe I didn't do it long enough over the life a bearing, I really can't remember now.

BTW, there is a danger in removing and replacing the glow plug frequently, this procedure runs the risk of stripping the threads in the head. I've not done so in the Webra Red Head yet but I did strip threads in the Bully two plug head once.

Honestly, it just seems ridiculous that all this hassle is necessary to keep from changing bearings every ten or so hours of use. I'm hopeful the SS bearings will solve this problem. They seem to have solved the problem in the OS 1.40.

Keith