Motor Costs Comparison

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Thu Sep 16 03:03:45 AKDT 2004

A comment about "mileage" is in order.  I don't want to upset anyone because they may use a different prop/throttle management technique.  My style is a slower-paced presentation, although I tend to stay out near 150 or so, and the three blade is a very efficient setup in my package.  It has very good braking, yet accellerates well - - - for me.
    Other motors have different mileage, and different techniques of throttle management, so perhaps it wasn't fair to make the mileage comparison.  The DZ that I observed, however, seemed to use quite a bit MORE 30% Heli Cool Power than my 15% Cool Power, so I thought I should include that in the spreadsheet.

Bob Pastorello
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net