D5 loss

Thomas C. Weedon weedon at wwnet.net
Tue Sep 14 12:25:46 AKDT 2004

I sat and talked to Charlie at this year's Toledo RC Exposition in April as
I have every year that I have had the NSRCA Booth. I shouldn't say talked,
because I did the talking and he would write to me on his little slate
message pad. He didn't talk (write) about his handicap, instead he was still
interested in how things were going in District 4, so he stopped by our D4
NSRCA Booth and visited several times. I think it gave him a chance to rest
his weary feet as the Toledo show is big. I've always been impressed by his
stamina. I've seen him at the Toledo show most every year as well as at the
Nats. What a fellow! He'll surely be missed.

Tom Weedon, NSRCA ex-D4 VP
AMA 2537, NSRCA 733
WA8WAA