Hot Springs Contest

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 16:49:23 AKDT 2004

I'm forwarding this for Mike Harrison
ARKANSAS AEROBATIC CHAMPIONSHIPS
OCTOBER 2&3,2004
HOT SPRINGS, ARKANSAS
HOT SPRINGS R/C CLUB

EVENTS:
401-SPORTSMAN 402-INTERMEDIATE 403-ADVANCED 404-MASTERS 406-FAI
NOTE: AMA classes will fly 5 rounds.  FAI will fly PO-5 on Sat. and FO-5 on
Sun.
REGISTRATION: Friday afternoon and before 8 am Saturday morning.
ENTRY FEE:  $30-includes lunch
FLYING TIME: Pilots meeting 8 AM. We will start at 8:30 sharp Saturday
morning and stop at 12 Noon on Sunday.  We will be finished by 1pm.
ACCOMMODATIONS:
               Closest-Downtowner 800-251-1962
                             Velda Rose 1-888-624-3311,  (70.00)
designated hotel
               Historic-Arlington Hotel  623-7771
                 Others-Avanelle 321-1332, Sands 624-1258, Austin Hotel
623-6600
There are several other motels in the area as well, these are the closest to
the site.  Make your reservations early because there are always lots of
conventions, etc. This weekend is Octoberfest, so do make those
reservations.  All the hotels I have listed are downtown.  The Velda Rose is
the group rate.

DIRECTIONS:                                           CONTEST DIRECTOR
Go to Hot Springs, Arkansas.                  Mike Harrison
Go downtown.  You will be on                 122 Corporate Terrace
Central Avenue (Highway 7).                   Hot Springs,  Arkansas
Go north to the end of Central,               drmike at ipa.net
there will be a large round water             501-525-0545
 fountain and turnaround.
Go left then IMMEDIATELY RIGHT
On CEDAR.  Stay on CEDAR to
 CEDARGLADES.Bear right on