D5 loss

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 16:05:47 AKDT 2004

Folks may be growing weary of the tributes to Charley, but I have to share my own experience.  Charley, if you're checking your email - read on, my friend!!!
    In 1989, as a "pup" in Sportsman pattern, I met Charley at the Baxter Field contest in OKC.  He was VERY quick to help point out some coachable moments, and spoke to me as a friend, even though that was our first meeting.  From that moment, through many years of contacts for many reasons, Charley was special.  In the truest sense of the word, he "knew" the game, and shared the practical aspects of the game with any who would ask.
    Merely saying that he was an inspiration to dozens of pattern fliers is a gross understatement of what his role REALLY was to us;  He was friend, mentor, coach, and troubleshooter.
    Charley, I'm already missing that huge grin that would light up with your humor!  Thanks for everything you did for Pattern, friend!  I hope I can call a round or two for you someday....

Bob Pastorello
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net