D5 loss

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 06:23:12 AKDT 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 8:55 AM, <tony at radiosouthrc.com> wrote:

> What a shock!  I knew that Charlie was ill, but I spent some time with
> him at the Toledo Trade show this year.  He was still pushing to enjoy
> models, even with his lack of speech!
>
> I met Charlie many years ago, in the late 70's....  We have lost a
> true modeler and a friend to pattern and NSRCA.  Charlie labored for
> years on the Contest Board.  He was a worker, not a complainer, and
> always a joy to be around!
>
> All 10's now, my friend.....

I echo Tony's sentiments.  I saw Charlie at Toledo too.

I'd known Charlie since the mid '60s and told him many times in latter
years that he was my hero, because he was still competing at an
advanced age.  He was ten years older than me and I said that I'd know
I still I has ten years left in Pattern when he stopped flying in
competitions.  The clock just started, my friend.

Ron Van Putte