O.S. pattern motors

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Thu Sep 9 04:32:49 AKDT 2004

John,

The OS 1.40 is about as reliable and predictable of an engine as you can get
in a pumped 2C engine.  The 1.60 has more power of course but needs a pump
or fuel tank close to the fire wall.  I know several in our area that have
made the 1.60 work real good for them and cost will be less.  When you do
replace the bearing leave the seals in the bearing and get the F.I. version
S.Steel if you can.  I got 125 flights out of the original bearing then put
a std bearing in with out seals and it only lasted 30 flights(go figure).
Same bearing with the seals in and now over 150 flights.

On the 1.40 I have run the 17x12reg APC 17x13 and a 16x11 3-blade all with
good results with 15% fuel.   I think the 17x10n is way under propped
depending on the pipe setup.  With the right pipe setup it produces a bunch
of power.

Wayne Galligan