O.S. pattern motors

Chris Moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 19:53:28 AKDT 2004

John:
    I have been running the 140RX all season.  The only issue ever has
been the stock rear bearing - it is good for a maximum of 75-100
flights.  I would replace it with the sealed  stainless bearing from the
EFI version right out of the box, and you won't need to remove the motor
for a long time after that.  Other than that, mine has been flawless -
never a cough or deadstick in about 250 flights this year.  I have run
17-12 / 16-13 / 16-14 / 17-10N   APC  props, and each has it's own
different characteristics.  I prefer the 17-12 and 16-13, but I just
started trying the 17-10N and like that too.  I am running a Bolly MF590
muffler, so if you run a tuned pipe, you will get different results due
to the higher rpms from the pipe.  This is all on 10% Cool Power. I ran
a gallon of 15% Cool Power, and it was not a big enough difference to
switch.
    I bought a pipe and Perry pump to run an OS 160 in my 2nd plane, but
decided that my 140 had been so reliable that I should not mess with
having 2 different setups, and so I have another 140 on order. (in fact,
I'm selling my 160 and perry pump and pipe if you are interested.)  I
know that Bob Pastorello has had great results from his 160 setup - but
I just want a common setup in both planes to simplify things.

Chris