European Champs, Alcochete, Portugal 2004 ** Klipped **

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Tue Sep 7 05:15:26 AKDT 2004

On Sep 7, 2004, at 4:24 AM, Del Rykert wrote:

> Well for one who created the grading system to evaluate judges.?  Does
> that
> influence or factor into this bunch of crap.

It is true that I was on the committee to assemble a judge ranking
system.  It should not be surprising that the other members of the
committee are also ardent supporters of fair and proper judging of R/C
aerobatics.  You'd hope to have individuals on a committee who were
passionate about the subject of the committee.

The ranking of particular individuals by the ranking system was not a
factor in the makeup of the system.  However, it should also not be
surprising that, due to their passion about the subject, the other
members of the committee were ranked high by the system.   After
inclusion of judging data from the 2004 Nats, Don Ramsey is ranked #1
and Matt Kebabjian is ranked #2.  BTW, I am #8, behind Eric Henderson
and ahead of Mike Dunphy.  Don Ramsey will be reporting on the current
judge rankings in the next issue of the K-Factor.

It is not my intent to conduct a "running gun battle" on this subject.
I just want to do everything I can to ensure that people who do their
best to judge fairly and accurately are rewarded with proper
recognition of their ranking and and the top-ranked judges have the
opportunity to participate in future F3A World Championships.

Ron Van Putte