VCRC Official Business

tony at radiosouthrc.com tony at radiosouthrc.com
Fri Sep 3 11:32:24 AKDT 2004

Bill:
What I was trying to show was that AMA has not waited until an incident occurred, and the FAA jumped in and started putting restrictions on us.  AMA feels that if we help FAA to define what a model is, if/when a problem occurs, they will know where we stand on the issue.

It also makes it very clear to modelers that might want to play with GPS stuff in models that they may not be insured by AMA and may actually need special approval to fly it.

This makes anyone who is being "curious" about autonomous flight suspicious, and to be reported to the authorities.

The rule won't stop criminal activity, but will sure help us to identify it and blow the whistle when needed!

Tony Stillman
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32505