VCRC Official Business

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Fri Sep 3 10:29:09 AKDT 2004

Tony:
That's fine for us hobbyists, as far as it goes.  However, we have no
intention of blowing up anything--hopefully not our models!
Unfortunately, it's possible to pass rules 'til hell freezes over, and
the only ones who will follow them, are those with no evil intent.
Those who want to do us harm, will not follow any rules of civilized
society.  We've seen that.  But, where concern makes itself felt, surely
rules and regulations are not far behind.  Again, those who intend to do
us injury simply because we're Americans won't be the ones hamstringed
by laws.
I hope the AMA is on top of this, and we have some sort of lobbying
power.  This may be decided way over the FAA level.  Are we ready for
that?  I hope so.

Bill Glaze