VCRC Official Business

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Fri Sep 3 05:40:22 AKDT 2004

--On Friday, September 03, 2004 9:10 AM -0400 John Ferrell <johnferrell at earthlink.net> wrote:

> ... Of greater concern are the autonomous unmanned aircraft. It is
> possible to put together a GPS controlled device from off the
> shelf supplies. ...

I think all we can do is to go on with our ordinary life, as
much as possible.

If anyone seems to be assembling a UAV or RPV, we should report
them to the authorities.  There are perfectly good reasons
to develop such aircraft for commercial and agricultural
applications (e.g., the Japanese helicopter that sprays
fields using GPS guidance and an autopilot, aerial photography
over sports events, weather investigation, etc.).  The
innocent should be cleared to continue their work.

							Marty #2874