Old monocote question

jivey61 at bellsouth.net jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 2 10:59:36 AKDT 2004

>  Paul
 If you are going to use it for stripping, Monokote makes a trim solvent that will activate the monokote sticky side.You have to be quick with it ,because it dries quick.
There is a method that I use that works well for attaching strips over monokote with out causing bubbles.
 Mix 8 oz water,mix 1 oz monokote trim solvent and 1 oz liquid dish detergent together. Cut you stripping as desired. Spray the strip and the wing(example). and lay down the strip and use a credit card to squeegee out the water and mop up excess water with towel. Let it set overnight and the next day seal the edges with MEK-- methyl-ethl-ketone.Purchase at hardware store. The edges won't come loose.
 This works well on relatively flat surfaces such as wings.
  The other alternative is use new monokote. Nothing worse than spending a lot of time covering then have a crappy job because of old monokote.

Jim Ivey