What class should I fly in?

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Thu Sep 2 04:32:20 AKDT 2004

Amen!!!!

I have to say that I don't like the way the district championship is set up in D3 currently. If you move up mid season, you lose your championship automatically. I think if you're obviously dominating a class, you SHOULD move up and it shouldn't be a penalty. That way someone else can have a shot. I'd also say it would be a gamble, after all you can't come back to defend it if someone rises up and out points you, but you should have that option. The only thing I would say also is that you shouldn't get district points in the higher class yet, but you should be able to move up without pnealty. After all, if you spend the time and money to go to a LOT of contests and win, you shouldn't have to give up the ultimate prize automatically. I know some districts allow this and it seems to work fine.

I guess the arguement is that it makes the district championship contest less important, but I really don't think it would ACTUALLY make much difference. There has to be a way if they can figure it out.

That's just my opinion and it only applies to D3, and I have no actual say in the matter. But it's something I wish they would consider. To me it's a rule worth looking at for change.

-Mike