CD's

Jeff H. Snider jeff at snider.com
Sat Oct 30 08:19:45 AKDT 2004

I thought it sounded funny, a contest where only judges got prizes.
Oh well.  This vision of a ranking system springs from hope rather
than experience, and nothing is more blind than ignorant hope.

I do think that every flier who has been around more than a couple
months should be required to judge.  With the lower ranks judging
Sportsman and the higher rank judging Masters and FAI, if you want
to judge the good pilots, you need to be a good judge.  I don't see
this system as a way for anyone to escape their responsibility.

Anyway.

If it's easy to explain why we do what we do, it's hard to explain
why we don't do what we don't.  I'll work harder at keeping my mouth
shut, and maybe in a year or two I'll share the sense that we don't
need to complicate our lives with a judge ranking system.

 - Jeff Snider
 - jeff at snider.com
 - Northern VA, NSRCA D2