CD's

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 14:30:06 AKDT 2004

Indeed it would!!! After the initial shock of the perfect score wear off.
Perfect score is ZERO of course.

MattK

In a message dated 10/29/2004 2:48:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ehaury at houston.rr.com writes:

John  covers most of the points. It's important to recognize that the class
that  someone competes in only addresses his / her flying skills, not judging

skills. Our certification process is the basis for ensuring that everyone
has taken a look at the rules and been exposed to discussion of the finer
points. Judging skills may advance much more quickly than flying skills if  a
little work is applied, so it's important for CD's to inquire as to  where
individuals fit in and use them in their judging matrix  accordingly.

A ranking system incorporated into out cert process would  certainly be
useful, however the methodology for arriving at a proper  ranking is not
without difficulty. Maybe group (non competition) judging  of several flights
during the certification event, with scores compared to  the "experienced"
judges used for ranking (a real judging test)? Of course  the logistics of
this, considering many cert programs are conducted during  the offseason when
weather precludes much flying, are also  difficult.

The best answer may be some sort of electronic flight  scoring system that
handles geometry, box limits, centering, and distance,  leaving only the
subjective smoothness / gracefulness to the judges. Just  think - all of the
objective elements, that we're all sure that we do  correctly, would be
accurately scored every time! Dean - you should be  able to handle the
hardware, just make sure that it's simple to use,  light, cheap, and
accurate. Would this ever make a great practice  tool!

Earl