Help with radio choice, Possible firestorm!

AWorrest at aol.com AWorrest at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 11:32:08 AKDT 2004

I just received my JR 9303 several days ago and it looks to be an
evolutionary, not revolutionary, improvement over the 8103.  It has more mixing options.
Rate switches can be ganged. There is a throttle curve function. There exists
a limited ability to assign switches. And there is probably more yet I've to
discover.

Since I fly sailplanes as well as pattern, I prefer JR to other brands. Its
sailplane configuration has covered every need I've had. The 9303 has even more
options. JR transmitter takes less battery to operate than some other. At 200
ma draw, the 600 maH transmitter battery will easily last more than two hours
between charges.

There are some misses. In keeping with JR tradition of incompatibility, I was
told the 9303 cannot transfer data to a 8103. I have four JR models, 347,
783, 8103, and now a 9303. None are able to communicate with the others. The only
way to copy a flight setup from one to another is to do it manually. Another
slight miss on the 9303 is that the count down timer doesn't beep on the
minute mark like the 8103.

Horizon, in attempting to write a user friendly manual, has pretty much
scrapped the old format. It has a way to go. It is a work in progress. To program
the 9301, it helps to be familiar with previous JR transmitters.

Allan Worrest