Help with radio choice, Possible firestorm!

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Mon Oct 25 10:20:30 AKDT 2004

I went the same route as Jeff. Started with the 8103 then moved to the 10X.
Honestly I could have stayed with the 8103 but after flying it for a couple
of years I ran into a couple of things I couldn't do (without a hassle at
least). I used  this as an excuse to get a 10X.

It's a tough decision. If you know you'll continue with RC for years to come
get the 10X (or top of the line in any brand). Buy the best and buy only
once. If you don't buy the best now you will eventually.

As to the PCM RX, I don't think you'll have to get a new PCM RX's. I believe
the newer radios support the older PCM receivers. On the other hand, if
you're coughing up the $$ for a new pattern plane you may want a newer RX
just for safety.

Keith Black