Prop Selection

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Oct 19 08:45:08 AKDT 2004

Most of these prop formulas don't seem to work for me. In my
experience it would appear that there is a non-linear load increase
in diameter increases. The above formula yields approximately a 98%
ratio, but in my opinion it's inverted.
Just be aware that if you increase the diameter, you may find that
the numbers you get by using the formulaes may indicate that you are
generating less of a load, but in actuality you may find the
opposite to be true!
G.