Prop Selection

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Mon Oct 18 09:14:16 AKDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:56:08 -0500
"Nat Penton" <natpenton at centurytel.net> wrote:

> I tried the formula and was not happy with the results. Will do more
> research and report.                     Nat

I only fly two bladed props, but at least for the .40 - .75 two stroke
engines I fly I find the formula of (2 x dia) + pitch to be a good rule
of thumb for moving up and down props.

For example, on my .46 AX I like a 10.5 x 6 APC which works out to a
load value (for lack of a better term) of 27.  I've found that as long
as I keep the load numbers +/- 2 points for that engine I am happy with
the performance.

I'm pretty sure that I got the formula off this list but I don't know
who to attribute it to.

--
Tom

---------(@)---------           nsrca at shinymetalass.com