Propeller Pitch gauge calibration

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Fri Oct 15 18:40:30 AKDT 2004

Peter,
Prop pitch is measured at the 70% station.Pitch distribution along the span ( deviation from true pitch ) is proprietary and is, in the case of APC, what accounts for their excellent performance and low noise.

A way to calibrate your gauge is to make a template , a triangle with the x axis equal to the circumference  at a given blade station and a slope of ,say, 10 inches and check this against the guage reading at that station.

i.e. at each station a prop will "twist" forward the same amount in one revolution if it has true pitch ( no slippage ).

You do not need to express inches of pitch as degrees.
When are you going to give me a report on the Alliance trim !!