Temptation

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 18:54:35 AKDT 2004

Jeff, the TAVS type of composite often places a polyurethane semi  rigid foam
between two layers of fairly light glass cloth. Glass is easily cut  into
because it is quite thin.  Once you break into the urethane foam,  cutting goes
very fast. Polyurethane foam makes the fuses both rigid and light.  Composite
ARF's products first introduced this construction type to the modeling  public
with their large 40% TOC planes. It's a great method for building  models.
Rest assured the Temptation fuse is very strong. Believe me I know. I  have
stressed mine to max and expecting to pick up pieces, yet surprised to  see the
plane intact.

The gear mounting plates Guerin/Davis et al have designed in, are  the most
robust in the business. The European manufacturers should  copy this approach.
I have seen too many ZNLine and PLProd gear plates break  prematurely on a
slightly hard landing.

When you scratch the glass with the scriber of the height gauge, be careful
not to cut the glass.

MattK

I cut the hole for the wingtube on my Temptation  tonight. That is really
wierd how stiff the fuse is, even to squeeze it, but  how easy the dremel sanding
wheel ate through. I have a set of vertical  verniers that I used to scratch
a horizontal line at the proper location, and  it easily broke through the
gelcoat. Not like all my previous fiberglass  planes at all.