Webra 160 pipe tuning

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 18:34:34 AKDT 2004

George, your pipe a bit on the short side. You would want the distance from
plug to first baffle to be around 23 3/4"-24 1/4". You also need more load. A
17x13 standard blade is a good start for break in and general flying. The 3
blade that Dave Lockhart re-pitches is also a fine match for the engine. Dave
runs that on his 160's. Another match is the new 18x10 pattern prop from apc.
Or  the 15.5x12 4 blade after the engine is fully broken in

If you are running the MC carb, go to the Horizon website and find the
excellent article by Jerry Budd and Tony Frackowiak on setting this carb. If you
are using the TN carb, then set-up is even simpler. Just open the main needle 1
 1/3 turns (around 33 clicks) and start there. It should be very rich there.
The  idle needle needs to start at about 1 turn open. Idle is likely a little
rich at  this position. Adjust both as you go, one click at a time, until
broken in, or  about 30 flights or so. Always run the engine at a slightly richer
setting and  it will give you hundreds of flights without any problems from
the  bearing.

Use a type F plug. The large head is a great heat sink so it needs all the
heat it can muster

Good luck

MattK

I have a webra 160 AAR in my new eclipse with a  es composites
2c160L9 long chamber carbon fiber pipe. My  distance from the glow plug to
the first baffle is 21.75 in. The motor is new.  It was running lean
even though we were running rich on the ground.  Could it be my pipe length
is short? Im running a 17-12 apc N and running 15%  cool power
fuel. Any thoughts on this matter would be  greatly appreciated.
Thanx.  George