YS 120

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Thu Oct 14 16:00:31 AKDT 2004

Tom,

140 Sport is a good option. They are lighter than the 120's and have a power advantage. Same bolt patterns and drop in replacements for the 120's. The 140 Sport is the same motor as a 140FZ. The 120 sized models we used to fly were very happy on the 140FZ's and this is essentially what the 140 Sport is.

These are available new for like $439 from Central Hobbies. There may be some used ones around. The 140Sport, the 140FZ or the 140L would be good options. The 120's are starting to get tough to find parts for. Not to say they are not available but they are less current.

Usually a good 140 FZ will go for around $300 to $350. The 120's Will save you about $50 total if you can find one. But a new motor at the current price gives you the opportunity to have current parts and a warranty too.

Just my advice.

Troy