OS Engine Service/Hobby Services/good stuff

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Tue Oct 12 17:51:13 AKDT 2004

I agree, we're ALL fast to criticize, and far too lax in giving fair credit.

On the same line, let me tell you my tale.

4 days before the D3 championship...I'm practicing to fly advaced for the first time, I had only been practicing the pattern for a couple of weeks. I am attending a pattern contest in Aruba in 2 weeks, but can't get my plane shipped due to the storms. So, Luis Oduber offers to let me fly his plane in Aruba, and I offered to let him fly mine when he visits for the D3 chamionship.

So, 4 days out, I'm pouring fuel like crazy, checking mixes and throws for a new pattern, when all of a sudden it happens...*snap* my rudder stick goes hard over to one side. I quickly secure the plane and open the back of the transmitter to find the problem...the plastic stop pins on the gimbal have broken. Uh oh, what now? It's the only transmitter I own. If it was just me, I'd just bum Cameron Smith's ride (it's my plane anyway =P) but there's another coming a LOOOONG way to fly my plane, so it's crunch time...and it's Tuesday at noon.

I called Tony at Radio South, and just told him I was in dire trouble, I didn't tell him the circumstances. I shipped him the transmitter next day air at 2:00pm on Tuesday, and hoped for the best.

Wednsday rolled around, I gave them a call....they had it and would see what they could do.

Thursday morning, 9:55 am....there's the mailman with my transmitter, good as new....Tony said just pay him at the contest, and the amount was ridiculously low. I was back flying that afternoon, and went on to fly with a new friend from another country sharing good times all weekend.

That's less than 44 hours from the time it left till the time it was back to me, FIXED and ready to fly. Gentlemen, that's SERVICE!!!!! I've got to hand it to Tony, he's always hooked me up when I needed it, even when I was a fresh nobody yet to fly my first sportsman contest. Just thought I'd share that one, he really pulled my bacon out of the fire.

-Mike