140RX Exhaust setup

Scott Smith js.smith at verizon.net
Tue Oct 12 13:38:46 AKDT 2004

Hi All,

I’m looking for some advice on setting up a OS140RX exhaust system.

I have purchased the ESD2C140M8 pipe.  I’m now thinking this was not a good
choice as I just learned the Mac header will be 7/8” OD matching up to the
3/4” inlet.   Will this be a problem restricting the exhaust flow, or mating
a coupler?

Also, how are you getting the frequently quoted 24.5” between the plug and
first baffle?

The pipe is 27” overall, with the first baffle at 13”.  I believe the Mac
header will be about 7” .  So should  I really have a 4” gap between the
pipe and header?  (Which in turn would put the pipe stinger right around the
tail wheel!<g>)  I molding a tunnel so I need to anticipate approximately
where the stinger will exit.

Thanks for any advice,

Scott