Practice tools

Don McCullough donald_mccullough at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 21:02:47 AKDT 2004

No problem with clearance. I take off and land from a street. The shot
of the Formosa taking off is with an 11-7 Slow-Fly prop.

The 11-7 gives a much more consistent speed (I have to add some power on
a down-hill 45 like the new double diamond in masters). It makes it fly
like the larger electrics. The Formosa has no torque problems with the
big prop (probably due to its long moments). It flies just like a good
2-meter - going vertical like being pulled by a wrench. There is
incredible throttle management with this combination. I even fly it in
moderate wind.

You are right about the foam planes being a blast. Plus if you crash it
usually is about $45 and ten hours gets you back in the air.

Enjoy,

Don