DS8311

Clay Schmidt clay2 at highstream.net
Wed Oct 6 19:41:22 AKDT 2004

Dan,

The 8311 is the "heli" version of the 8411SA. The heli guys were knocking out the 8411SAs right and left.  They just weren't holding up to real world heli applications.  The most common failure was the armature breaking off the motor.
Horizon/Jr were warranting so many 8411SAs and replacing so many helicopters they developed the 8311 and no longer warrant the 8411SA for heli use. Horizon still to this day will trade out your 8411/8411SA for a 8311 if you are flying a heli.

IMHO, if the DS8311 can hold up to the rigors of these hard core 3D heli pilots it'll dang sure serve a 2 meter pattern ship. Gonna use one on the elevator and one on the rudder of my new CA Eclipse.

Clay Schmidt