Practice tools

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Wed Oct 6 18:51:54 AKDT 2004

Anthony,
 I haven't had much luck with any of the sims (although I haven't tried the
Ikarus 3D sim), mostly because it's hard to duplicate pattern flying. What I
mean is, the view ports don't really provide any good reference points for
lines, etc. I like to use the Ikarus Shock Flyers for practice. You can fly
them anywhere (even indoors in the Winter) and they're not too expensive.
The $60.00 kit with the can motor is fine if you use small servos and a 3S
340 LiPo pack. Keep it light!!! Leave the L.G. off - you won't need it and
it's heavy and breaks easily. Cheaper than the Formosa - save your money for
fuel!

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com

---