Elev. Pull pull Question

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Nov 26 06:09:16 AKST 2004

Bobby,

Ron Ellis has written a very comprehensive procedure in setting up  pull-pull
systems. You would find it in his website at Grotto2PatternPage.

In your particular set-up, it sounds like the horn length on the one that
travels too far is a  little short, or the geometry is off slightly. I am
assuming that you are using one elevator servo to drive both halves.

In regard to setting up the cable tensions, a good trick I picked up  from
Ron's method was the use of rubber bands to simulate flight load. Slip the
bands over the horns and apply tension such that flight load may be simulated.
This gives a pretty good in-flight approximation of surface track.

And one more thing: if you are using 6-32 bolts as horn material and you
need to bend them, the easiest method I have found is a 1" length of aluminum
threaded tubing from ACE Hardware. Makes an excellent lever and there's no need
to scar the threads with pliers

Matt

In a message dated 11/26/2004 8:58:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,