Measuring Surface Flatness (was "Cabinet Grade Particle Board")

rcaerobob at cox.net rcaerobob at cox.net
Wed Nov 24 05:56:29 AKST 2004

Some years ago, a friend and I both were on the same channel.  He used Futaba, I had JR.  WE accidentally discovered AFTER a flight, that the OTHER guy had his TX *ON*, antenna extended, in his tray....I had not gotten a single bump while flying.
We then proceeded to do FURTHER testing, and discovered that we could NOT get each others' radios to interfere, we deduced that it was due to the pulse shift direction in the discriminator.

We didn't ever try the experiment AGAIN, but it was worth filing away for future use. (We actually thought it was pretty cool that there wasn't any interference)....

> From: Jerry Budd <jbudd at QNET.COM>
> Date: 2004/11/24 Wed AM 09:48:11 EST
> To: discussion at nsrca.org
> Subject: RE: Measuring Surface Flatness (was "Cabinet Grade Particle
>  Board")
>
> Especially when you consider that the transmitter antennae is
> typically removed when stowed in the case.
>
> Jerry
>
> >Yes. Maybe not a great one, as the lid is unlikely to be
> >conductively gasketted, but your transmitter would likely not
> >interfere with a plane flying on the same frequency.
> >Dean
> >

> >Dean Pappas
> >Sr. Design Engineer
> >Kodeos Communications