Measuring Surface Flatness (was "Cabinet Grade Particle Board")

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Nov 22 09:06:55 AKST 2004

That's what it is. No RF gets in or out. Something like 110dB attenuation.

Bob.

Bill Glaze <billglaze at triad.rr.com> wrote:
Bob:
Do I recall when such a room as you describe was known as a "Faraday Cage?"  Or am I having one of RvP's "Senior Moments?"  (No offense, Ron! O:-) )
Bill Glaze

Bob Richards wrote:
The ideal material I have seen is used in RF shielded room walls. It is 3/4" high-density particle board, skinned with galvanized steel on both sides, maybe 28ga. Very flat, and very smooth. It will bow just a little, maybe 1/2 inch at the most, when you pick it up from the end. Came in 4' x 12' as I recall. Don't have any idea where you could purchase it at a reasonable cost. I was hoping they would have a sheet of it leftover when they built one of the chambers where I used to work, but they didn't.

Bob Richards.

John Ferrell <johnferrell at earthlink.net> wrote:
The test for a Pool Table is to put a straight edge across it and try to slide a dollar bill under it.

BTW, I am surprised to hear the talk about using pins. One of the first things Dave Guerin taught me was to use masking tape instead!

John Ferrell
My Competition is not my enemy!
http://DixieNC.US