Some thing for ES design and NMP working together?

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 21 23:19:46 AKST 2004

Just thought some people may have use for these.
Hatori has new header for YS 53/63, OS 70 and 91 4-stroke users (Hatori does
not state that the new headers can be used with OS 91 while OS 70 has the
same thread with OS 91).
http://www.hatori-models.co.jp/htdocs/data/image/shin.html
http://www.hatori-models.co.jp  Hatori now has English pages also.

The 643 & 644 looks similar to NMP style and Asano's Direct Joint.

They are the follow-ups for 791/699 and 661/660, header/pipe combos that
Hatori started following the Asano. (Plug-in header & pipes, end of header
fits the inlet of the pipe. appears to be at least 3/4").

I know we have Great Header from NMP that is available from Central Hobbies
and others.   NMP solved almost all Hatori type header breaking any time
(Although only for YS 120 & 140s.)
The ES pipes are also very well known. Solving the weight problem of
aluminum pipes.

I just wish to see the NMP & ES design working together producing the best
header & pipe combination. (Hoping to see something for YS 91/110 also.)

If my wish above comes true, I don't have to use those hose clamps with
Teflon or silicone tubings. Both of my ES pipes have crushed neck near the
inlets where the clamps were used.  So, I now use a longer silicone tubing
without clamps.

What do you people think?

Also, Hyde type mounts generally has more rotational movement of the engine,
so those using usual Hatori headers have to make sure that the exhaust setup
to move forward, backward, left & right.

What happens if two different metals rub each other even when they are
lubed?

Ihncheol Park