The JR XP9303

AWorrest at aol.com AWorrest at aol.com
Sat Nov 20 16:45:20 AKST 2004

I received my JR XP9303 about a month ago.  I finished programming it for my
Saphir and Killer Chaos.  If you owned an 8103, you will find the programming
of the 9303 to be familiar. There are differences.  I suppose the biggest
difference is the availability of flight modes on the 9303.  However as a person
who seldom use rate switches, flight modes for my power planes may not get used
much.  There are more options than the 8103 and this makes it more
complicated to program.

If I have any criticisms, it would be the manual.  It has been rewritten.  I
prefer the stodgier 8103 style.  The manual could also be more expansive.
There are 9303 features which are unknown even to Horizon, such as how to program
the trainer push button into a throttle kill.  I also spent several days
rewriting the setup sheet.  I'm not sure what the one in the manual was written
for.  I expanded it into two pages.

The set with a 649 receiver and DS811 servos has proven reliable, as has my
other JR equipment.  I did have to tighten the stick tensions considerably.
The tension on most of my JR transmitters was acceptable as they came from the
factory.  I have no regrets about buying the 9303.

Currently, I'm exploring the 9303 features for sailplanes.  I may find a use
for the flight modes there.

Allan Worrest