Masters 2005 questions

Eric Henderson Eric.henderson at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 05:08:26 AKST 2004

The Figure-9 as, an end box maneuver, allows the pilot to make the vertical line suit the needs of the next maneuver. As Matt says the half roll is centered in the vertical down-line. [The vertical line begins when the three-quarter loop ends and the quarter loop begins] The roll can be  "right at, above or below where the three-quarter loop starts". Said another way, the horizontal entry point to the three-quarter loop is not related to any components, such as a half roll, on the down line.

The snap at the bottom of the loop is an upright positive snap so it cause the attitude of the nose to pitch up but due to gravity the track stays pretty much on course. You will find that you snap just before the bottom of the loop and add power as you come out of the snap.

Sure its a challenge but you are called a Masters pilot, because you meet and master the challenge.

Regards,

Eric.