question regarding building balsa wood plane ?

shih mike hcshih8 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 08:08:08 AKST 2004

Hi Builders,
I got a quick question which might sounds stupid to you.
Usually it takes me about a year to finish building a 60 size balsa wood pattern plane. I found the wood tends to twist or warp a bit after sit on the bench in the basement for few months (half finish). I use the de-humidifier to adjust the humidity at the basement. It is kind of bothering me to have the machine on all the time. I don't know if the humidity is really the cause? how long do you think that I can left the wood or half finish plane sits in the basement without special care?

Thanks very much
Mike