honeycombing foam cores

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Nov 11 06:52:06 AKST 2004

The easiest way I have tried is using the "Hot Knife" device I purchased
from CST Sales. It's a steel probe about 5" long that gets hot enough to melt
the foam, and is used like an Xacto knife. It is easily powered by a  12V,
700-1000 mah regular wall charger (old Duralite wall charger is  perfect for this
application), and only one hand is needed. I added a  push button switch on the
handle of mine (Radio Shack) to give me heat control.

I make a cardboard template, fit it around the core, and then cut  away. It
takes much more time to make the cardboard template than to cut the  foam. Give
it a try. I think you will appreciate the ease and simplicity.

MattK

In a message dated 11/11/2004 10:38:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,