K-Factor cover photos follow-up...

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 20:12:41 AKST 2004

I've received several good photos but I must emphasize something in terms of
image quality.  The ideal print image quality is 300 dpi (dots per inch) so
if you have a photo that is going to appear on the K-Factor cover it will
end up being about 7 1/2" wide by 8" tall which equates to being:
7.5 x 300 = 2250 and 8 x 300 = 2400 which multiplied together = 5.4mb image
size.  Not too many people have high quality digital cameras so ideally the
image should be at least 3mb in size otherwise we lose quality and the
picture becomes grainy.  I've received a lot of pictures that when put at
300 dpi come out to be 4.2"x3.2" which is too small for a cover photo.  When
you see the cover photo for the December issue of the K-Factor you'll know
what I mean by good image quality.  :)
When you send me pictures, please send me the following information as well:
A.  Name of person in the photo
B.  Photographer
C.  Name of plane
D.  History behind the photo