Saito .72 help needed

Daniel J. Hamlett d77hamlett at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 07:37:54 AKST 2004

If you are using the VP-20 pump http://www.perrypumps.com/prod02.htm then it
is adjustable.  I am running one on a Saito FA100.  It took a while to get
the mixture right.  Fter it is all said and done it worls great.  I didn;t
have to make many adjustments to the pump though, just a small tweak.  If
you are loading up at the bottom end & it takes a while to run up, bring it
to full open, adjust the top end first.  Lower the engine to idle ajdust the
low end until the transition improves.  Start by going richer.  I know that
it sounds weird but you will never damaged an engine that is broken in by
going too rich,  If the problem gets worse then you know that you re running
to rich.  If the Problem was a lean condition thenm you could chance doing
some damage if you start by going to an even lear\ner setting.  If it still
won;t transition well, try to set the low end needle to alow for a steady
idle.  If you can't get that then the problem is in the pump.  Again richen
up the pump I believe you turn the blue nut coubter clockwise to richen.
then start from the top  again.  if it still wont run well you may have a
bad pump.  Good luck.