Saito .72 help needed

Ken Thompson III mrandmrst at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 03:24:25 AKST 2004

Wladimir,
If your engine is broken in, and you are running a 13x6 prop, or equivilent,
it sounds like your low end needs to be leaned out a little.  Someone
correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the Perry pump is adjustable, so
that shouldn't be the problem.
I start by setting my top end to 400 to 500 rpm under top speed and then
adjust my low end for a clean idle.  To adjust my transition I use the low
end needle and turn it a little at a time, in or out, whatever it takes, to
obtain a clean transition.
Of course if I am wrong about the Perry, you might need a tad more pump
pressure to help with the transition.
Just my opinion, there are a whole lot more experienced people out here than
me.

Good luck,

Ken